View Single Post
Old 6 August 2020, 02:00 AM   #3901
McGooberstein
Banned

Watch: 126710BLNR
Long time lurker here- my 6 largest positions are in AAPL, AMD, AMZN, MSFT, NVDA, and GOOG in that order. I'm in my early 30's with a long time horizon so ~60% of my holdings are in the tech sector. Been investing since my early 20's and am willing to go deep on tech as it's always produced great returns. Fortunately being a bit of a pc gamer allowed me to have some foresight on NVDA and AMD a few years ago- knowledge of their hardware and product offerings, as well as being a consumer of both brands myself has been VERY good to me. The rest of my holdings are in a few more established blue chips companies like Costco, Walmart, JPM, as well as a few ETFs to get exposure to Internaional markets, small caps, and bond markets.

Writing on here because I'm not really familiar with cloud based IT and cybersecurity- but I would like to add a few companies in my portfolio in this space as I believe it will become even more important in my lifetime. I've looked at a few companies including qualys, fastly, cloudflare, and cisco. A few of them have insane valuations and it's hard to find reliable PEG ratios or forward P/Es for them as the numbers are constantly in flux. I've thought about spreading my chips across all of them but I know there are some seasoned traders on here who probably have more knowledge and perspective than I do when it comes to this market space and who will emerge as the leaders in this space.

Any thoughts on cloud based IT and cybersecurity would be awesome. Thanks for the help!
McGooberstein is offline   Reply With Quote