View Single Post
Old 2 April 2010, 06:16 PM   #18
lorsban
"TRF" Member

I've had about 4 Tags starting from the predecessor of the new formula 1 series out now. It was blue, quartz. Next was another model from the same line, with a steel strap and fully luminous dial, next was my first auto and then the last one, professional series, also an auto.

Don't know the names because Tag has so many models that look similar: steel, rotating bezel, 200 meters water proof etc...I mean, it's only now that they're coming up with clearly differentiated lines with the Link, Formula 1, Carrera, Aquaracer, Monaco etc...

I think they make great watches. The only reason why the resale is so low is because they're so readily accessible to begin with. I mean, I was only a kid when I got my first Tag. It wasn't that expensive and they're all over the place.

As far as quality goes, they're the same as any other watch. I mean, give me a Tag now and I bet it'll hold up just as well as my other watches. But give it to a teenager to use as a main watch and you'll definitely see a hell of a lot of wear and tear.

I like the old and new Aquaracer, grand Carrera and their Twin-Time Carrera is very cool.