View Single Post
Old 17 January 2020, 02:34 AM   #66
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
I understand why you think like this however I’ve always found AP to be extremely accommodating and I’ve been able to buy what I want when I want. They’ve never suggested that I buy anything. Going grey works for you and that’s great but by doing so you are missing out on the factory visits and the golf days etc - if golf does your head in then defo go grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be honest, I have a great relationship with a few people at AP and still get invited to events ect that I have interest in, which are few and far between, but I do go occasionally. I have that relationship not from purchases but because I met them through others and we just have a common appreciation for horology. They know I love the brand, my collection is heavy on AP and also that I always buy grey but they still take care of me on the event and service side which is great. Bottom line is that most of my acquisitions are pieces that are readily available on the secondary for a discount and the rare pieces I seek I'd never have a chance at since most boutiques literally get one a year and they go to their very top people which I will never be.

I am happy with this system and with AP. No gripes, Just a different way of doing things :)
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote