View Single Post
Old 12 January 2018, 10:39 PM   #20
DLRIDES
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
I added a poll option so all the purists can vent their rage...

I can’t stand the super case profile on the new Subs, GMTs, etc. I’ve tried to like them and have owned them in the past - including an 116619. I sold them all and now own only a 16613.

I have the opportunity to have an 116619 customized to exactly match the 5-digit case profile. I don’t expect to ever sell it if I do this, but never is a long time. I know some purists will call this a franken. I know some people will say “I’d never touch it.” The market to sell will be smaller.

That said, I’m trying to get an idea of the approximate real cost of doing this to decide if it’s worth it to me. Real cost = cost of customization + depreciation hit.

Thanks for helping!

I think it would look great !

I have a suggestion to consider ..................... the issue with the 6 digit cases is the case to bracelet proportions ! Instead of re-cutting the complete case, change the lug width to 22mm or possibly 24mm. Of course, a new bracelet would have to be made, but the watch would retain its “bulk”, and would have a better transition to the bracelet.