View Single Post
Old 25 May 2018, 10:22 AM   #10
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Thanks everyone - your compliments are very much appreciated, particularly after "a hard day's work"

@watchmework, by all means, please continue with your plans - a different perspective and "review style" is always appreciated by all. I certainly have gaps in mine - I tend to forget to talk about practical aspects and concentrate on the theoretical...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt0279a View Post
Went from a 16600 to a 116600. Plan on adding the SD43, but keeping the SD4K ... Excellent write up. One thought, when you say the fliplock adds 26mm, I think you mean the divers extension as the fliplock is the part of the clasp with the crown logo to secure the clasp.
For sure you should keep the SD4K - if I could own both... I would I had the same thoughts about the 16600 and wonder why you decided to give it up?

Regarding nomenclature, I am still a newbie when it comes to modern-day Rolex but being a bit OCD, I read the User Guide "before use"... My assumption is the outer "safety clasp" is part of the "Oysterlock" label. I'm not sure if Rolex invented it, but many Manufactures have an identical solution in place.

One thing's for sure, the quality of the bracelet & end links is amazing. Just look at the fit...

But I'm glad you brought up the bracelet topic because it's thanks to the user guide, which also covers the Deepsea, that I discovered that the Deepsea's (Gen 1) Glidelock works on a completely different principle and one that looks to be aimed at professional divers due to the ease of adjusting the length "on the fly". Interesting stuff!

From Rolex's website

Last but not least, I'm really curious to know how close the 126600 and 126660's bracelet are to each other in terms of tapering ratios etc. As published, Rolex revamped the DSSD's bracelet and iirc, the lugs too.
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote