View Single Post
Old 16 October 2017, 12:36 AM   #25
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
Judging by your picture, This may be more of a situation where you prefer a thinner, slightly more dressy watch that fits under a cuff better. If that’s the case, and you don’t want to keep the Safari for more casual situations, I think you have two options. It is possible (although I think unlikely) that you would like the look better on a regular strap (not a hornback) if the overall “bulk” seems too much. And if you can’t try this at an AD, AP bands has relatively inexpensive ones. Certainly easier and cheaper to change a strap than a watch.

But the more likely scenario seems to be that the case is too thick for your liking. So if that’s the problem, I’ll echo the comments about considering a ROC as well. I have a first generation ROC 25860 and VCOC 49140 and love them both. The VCs are cheaper pre-owned and to me are a little more suited to everyday wear because of the greater WR, antimagnetic case, and differences in finishing. Depending on which models you consider, strap options are typically greater with VCOC (rubber, leather and bracelet). But to me, a ROC and VCOC look best on a bracelet anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srvrf is online now   Reply With Quote