View Single Post
Old 22 November 2012, 06:23 AM   #26
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Icon3 Good question!

FYI, a WIS (from elsewhere) asked a qood question which I thought might be interesting for everyone here as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvltn123
...I noticed that the Switzerland (Sz) stamp is at the tail-end of the strap. Did you ask for it to be made at that location? (versus the lugs/base) I ask because I imagine that floating keepers could cover the stamp and thus hide it from being viewed and admired.
I had the same question running around in my head before I ordered mine. Look at the photo of the bag again; if you visualize the 130mm section of the [long-end] strap, you will quickly come to the fact that these ammo pouches measure roughly 120x250mm. Now you need at least ~170mm for the longer strap and 100~150 for the shorter end (they wrap over to the other side - see photo below)... . This leaves very few options. Sure, he could cut the long strap just short of the Sz (Schweiz) stamp and maybe incorporate the stamp in the shorter strap by cutting a diagonal strip from the pouch.

*EDIT: The real figures are 130+40+5mm = 175mm for the long strap, 75+75+5mm = 155mm for the short side. On the long side, he "finishes" the strap with additional material (lining) and on the short side, he simply doubles the ammo leather over the complete length. This permits the strap to run 4~5mm in thickness (4mm towards the "tail" of the strap, where the lining is much thinner than the pouch's original leather).

I'm ok with his "default" setup and my solution was to ask him to make me one, thicker keeper (his standard keepers are 11mm, I wanted 15mm) - but he unfortunately forgot. With one fat keeper, you still have "tail" sticking out so that you can enjoy the Sz As it stands, I just use one of the three 11mm keepers - not perfect, but it still works fine
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote