View Single Post
Old 20 June 2017, 07:29 AM   #1
DamselInDistress
"TRF" Member

Rotting pearl dial Rolex

Can anyone help with there expertise please

I recently was gifted bought my first Rolex it was the;
178341 - Chocolate Datejust, diamond bezel, oyster bracelet everrose gold with Roman numerals and diamond 6

But I immediately didn't like the dial and I'm the type to go with my first impression when buying items

(The giftee doesn't mind at all that I'll be swapping the dial they semi expect I would)

I have since checked the Rolex website seen the exact same watch but with a white mother of peak dial (178341 - diamond bezel, oyster bracelet everrose gold with Roman numerals and diamond 6) which from the dial options is the dial that I prefer the look of (I've seen white MOP in store too - so I've seen how they slightly vary)

I can have the dial changed for £1600 but the only problem is I've read elsewhere that generally pearls discolor and I fear that it will become yellowish, become a faded off white yeloow, loose its colour or worse deteriorate if I change the dial to the white mother of pearl

I want to keep my Rolex forever and not loose too much value on it either but I also want it to look beautiful to me

Does anyone please know whether the white mother of pearl pearl will discolour or worse?

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG
DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote