View Single Post
Old 12 July 2021, 07:18 PM   #114
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcivic91 View Post
Thought I would revive this thread rather than starting a new one.

The 50th anniversary Snoopy is a watch I feel like I need in my collection someday, but not necessarily today. It fits my color scheme and personality very well. As we all know the market for watches, as with many consumer goods, is absolutely crazy right now, of course that includes this piece as well as many others. This reference was supposed to be a regular production piece but anecdotes suggest supply is very constrained. Also, though I am generally not a fan of paying >MSRP its not a deal breaker. Given those two market forces and my patience, I've listed a few options I've thought of below but would love to hear your thoughts. A couple of other factors: First, I'm not a catch-and-release guy and second, I do regularly wear all of my pieces.

A) pay market price and don't look back
B) use the funds for a non-hyped piece today and revisit the Snoopy in 12-18 months
C) get on a dealer list (not sure if this is a thing with Omega's)

thanks all,
J
Try to hop on the official list. At the moment they are closed in most countries but they might reopen briefly in US.
I’ve heard that some boutiques in UK have lists still opened.
The Snoopy is amazing, but I wouldn’t pay the premium to the reseller (for any watch).
Try to get in contact with Boutiques.
ADs might get some, but you need to be a very strong client.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote