View Single Post
Old 20 February 2024, 05:47 AM   #10
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Where I have a problem with “No Polishing” with a modern reference is when it’s used as an excuse/pass to sell a whipped watch for the same money as a pristine watch. Sometimes no polished means “uncared for”. In all my years, I have never traded in a watch that didn’t pull THE maximum trade in value that wasn’t touched up by myself along the way. If done correctly, a touched up modern Rolex will always demand more money than one unpolished with visual blemishes.

I am beyond picky when it comes to buying condition and why our trusted sellers like Than knows my expectations. Than will tell me strait out a particular watch won’t meet my standards. That is a great seller.

I also have a problem with some sellers carelessly using the term “mint condition” when a watch has obviously been deeply polished to correct a major flaw. If you polished a major flaw then it can’t be “mint”.
It’s also funny that the hotter the model the more liberal the term “mint” is used to get you to accept visual flaws.
But that is another issue all together.