View Single Post
Old 9 November 2018, 02:02 AM   #135
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duey View Post
You're 100% correct. The black dial will soon be a ghost and probably one of the rarest PM's out there with owners switching to the blue dial ...

Because if you have a Black dial, that's 4 years old, you can make it a blue dial and get a new card too that says "Blue Dial" - So basically the blue dial is now 4 years old per Rolex ....
Not true at all. As has been said before, probably 99% of Rolex wg BLRO(or any other Rolex owners for that matter) are not on this website and because of that probably have no idea that a switch is possible. So you have a 4 year run of black dial vs 4 month run of blue dial. Letters are not being sent out nor are calls are being made to owners of the wg black dial. The demand for the blue dial was non existent once the SS was released. I do not know one US AD that got a blue dial to sell and I've asked at least 15 while traveling this year including NYC.

Believe me, the blue dial will be 100 times rarer than the black dial. So far on this site we have what? 2 or 3 people who have done the switch ? Out of how many owners?

My AD is one of the largest in the US with multiple stores in large markets. Another AD, A local one to meI(but not the one I bought the wg from) I have known for years and owns the store had no idea you could do the switch when I told him. When I called in Oct to ask about the switch, they had no idea it was possible and had never heard of it. In addition, it took 3 calls to different people at Rolex to get the answer that they could do the switch.

FYI- I did the update and love it. Got it back yesterday. Took 3 weeks, was free, and I did not get a new card. Mine still says black. What I do have is a work order/paperwork from RUSA with the serial number saying they performed the switch to blue dial.

And just on the off chance, which I put at 1%, that the black dial is more rare down the road, I can easily source a black dial(think hundreds of thousands of BLNR's and other black dial GMTIIs out there) and have it switched out. Try sourcing a blue dial down the road. I still have a card that says black dial and I have paperwork that says blue. Best of both worlds
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote