View Single Post
Old 30 May 2017, 02:45 PM   #4
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo77 View Post
It is clear that the 116719 (white gold GMT) is not selling in the type of volume that would move the needle for Rolex so I am wondering what everyone thinks about the possibility for them to discontinue this model?

I know some people suggest Rolex will introduce a SS version of this "Pepsi" watch but that sure would seem unwise as it would make this white gold version less exclusive unless there was a significant visual difference.

It seems like it might be a smart move for Rolex to discontinue this watch because it is not selling well and if it was discontinued it would become more exclusive and help sagging values.

What are your thoughts on whether the white gold will be discontinued or if a SS version is coming?
I think for a PM sports watch it's quite popular. I don't see it as a watch that's hurting in sales any more than any other PM sports watch, especially those made of white gold.

While discontuing it will (slowly) make it more exclusive I don't think any value increase would affect rolex enough for it to push them to make that decision.

That said, if they did ever come out with a SS Pepsi GMT, they may as well discontinue it as I believe the sales numbers on the 116719 would absolutely plummet. I don't see the two watches ever coexisting.

I think There's more of a possibility to see a SS Coke GMT, but I also think that's very unlikely.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote