View Single Post
Old 23 February 2021, 06:43 PM   #19
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
I'm not so sure about the coronet change, but I completely agree with the shift to TT and PM.

I think up until recently, Rolex has been underselling itself. As shocking as that sounds, the over abundance of lower cost and available steel references held back the higher price and higher factory margin TT and PM references.

The general public Rolex buyer had a perception that a Rolex cost $XX,XXX on average. When they stumbled into the AD, they came across models that were $X,XXX. WOW that's a value. Let's get that. That's why the higher priced watches languished.

Now that the lower cost references are not as available, the full power of the brand has been unleashed. The cost of the TT and PM watches are in line with expectations and there aren't SS alternatives available....and those are "worth" so much money now that the FOMO mindset is hitting all Rolex references, so even people who were averse to PM due to history of PM depreciation are not concerned with that any more. Money is SAFE in Rolex. Let's buy it.

The hardcore enthusiast buyer who craves SS for it's lore and WIS appeal will still seek to acquire those references no matter what. The the general public buyer will spend up to T and PM without distraction and hesitation because that's what they have to choose from and the retail price is in line with expectations. Great Success for Rolex!
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote