View Single Post
Old 10 March 2017, 09:47 PM   #22
jmiicustomz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1953 pre explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
How do you like the navitimer for the long haul? I have one on my list. Also on my list is an Omega speedy. You seem to be a few watches ahead of me [emoji106]
If I wear it daily or remember to keep it wound it is great. Wears too big to go with a suit or nice shirt though. My biggest issue is the lack of a quick set date, so if you let it die for say 3 weeks and want to wear it, you will have a blister on your finger to get it to the proper date. Otherwise it's a nice watch with a great heritage. It's really the only Breitling that I have any love for.

While the speedy needs winding every 3 days if you wear it, it is easier to wind and is more versatile with various cuffs. I wear it as often as I do my Submariner.

I've been blessed in my adult life thus far. As a kid I always wanted a speedy cause that's what the astronauts wore, a Navitimer cause that's what Lindberg wore (I grew up wanting to be an aerospace engineer,) and a Submariner cause that's what James Bond wore. I was sure as a kid that I would never have any of the 3 but I worked hard and got all 3 before I turned 31.

If you have any questions about either let me know! Always happy to oblige.

John

To know the future is to be trapped by it
jmiicustomz is offline   Reply With Quote