View Single Post
Old 28 January 2016, 09:55 AM   #97
dstacy
Banned

Watch: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbum View Post
how many sellers refund after such a longtime? Come on a public forum and give an explanation? I don't know Luke but he's acting like a 1st class dealer to me. It's how you handle a situation that makes a difference. I bought a watch movement s few weeks ago and the seller has 100 excuses as to what's wrong with it and even referred me to who he bought it from to get it resolved . Lots of clowns out there. I give Luke a big thumbs up here
As I said earlier in this thread "+1 !!". I'm with you on this one Nick. This reeks of good morals and good business.

This looks to me like what we have here is a working relationship between a young man and an established business.
  • Does the young man likely get a commission if he sells a watch for the established dealer? Probably; so what?
  • Has the young man ever bought a watch from the established dealer and sold it himself? Likely. That's accepted in every other business that sells a tangible item or asset.
  • Did the young man get his established dealer friend to write an appraisal for him? Sure he did. Aren't your vendors people who you have a good working relationship with and who you often do business with?
  • Does this show a very high level of professionalism that the young man arranged a refund of the sale many months after it happened? You bet it does! (go try that with a car dealer, home builder, furniture store, etc)
  • Is it possible the young man was short on funds when a refund was requested and the established dealer has such a high trust of him that the established dealer covered his refund? Possible; and speaks highly of the young man's credit worthiness.

These above assumptions on my part are just that; but this forum often crucifies people/dealers/members for things that just haven't been proven to be anything other than legitimate business behavior.
dstacy is offline   Reply With Quote