View Single Post
Old 10 April 2019, 03:48 AM   #22
turbineboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Angelus, AP, Breit
My oldest and first venture into Rolex was when one was handed down to me. It belonged to my grandfather and he bought in in 1956. He wore it for 30+ years and It runs flawlessly even today.
My first omega was given to me by my father who bought it in 1971 and wore it for 30 years before he handed it over to me... .and yes, it still runs amazingly well. I alternate between them and they are both valuable to me.
My grandfather was a Rolex guy, my dad liked omega, and I love my AP.

I bought my first omega in the 90's and my first Rolex shortly after that. The GMT II was less than $4000 back then.

My most recent Rolex was an explorer 1 and the most recent omega was the SMPc.

They both are robust, excellent timekeepers, and tough sports watches.
Both are well known and respected brands.
I feel omega has stepped up their game as of late.

I alternate between my Seamaster SMPc and 16613 sub. Both are beautiful timepieces and comparing them for what they are....watches that tell time and made to high standards of quality, I almost feel the omega is a step up.

The omega is comfortable to wear - I purchased the adjustable clasp separately and it is the best investment for anyone who has an SMPc on bracelet. I love the way it fits and looks. An excellent timekeeper.

The SMPc was around $4000 - a lot of watch for the $$$'s. But if I had to trade it in or sell it, I would be lucky to recoup $2600-$2700.

I bought my sub for $3700 and having worn it well, I should be able to get anywhere from $7000-$8500 in a pinch.

Get what you want and what suits you....whatever makes you happy. Don't let perception get in the way.
turbineboy is offline   Reply With Quote