View Single Post
Old 24 September 2014, 10:45 AM   #110
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmartin View Post
Ebay can be a good place if you know how to look, how to screen, keep the total amount spent below $2000, and always always always pay via Paypal. It's very buyer friendly.

If I may play devil's advocate... I am sure Matt Becker is an expert at his own trade. However, that does not mean his employees are. I highly doubt he is doing his own listings or shipping his own watches. They seem to be a pretty large scale operation.

I have never bought from him but have seen his product and in those occasions it has been exactly as described. Nothing I would wear, but still... I think a lot of the incorrect information he has on his auctions is a result of using stock images and lack of attention to detail when creating auctions. He may be using pics of original stuff when he intends to ship aftermarket but someone is dropping the ball... I am sure he still ships the aftermarket junk, but to people who do not have an eye for detail, it is very easy to overlook tell tale signs of original and aftermarket parts.

In regards to this case, its hard to defend him. He should know from looking at it that its aftermarket and if he is adamant that it is not, than that makes it worse than a simple mistake. Maybe he doesn't want to admit it because then eBay might come down on him for even having aftermarket stuff in his possession. Any updates from OP?
Let me play devil's advocate. I totally disagree with your assessment. This is not the first time there has been an issue with beckertime, although I understand that mistakes can be made. Matt B. needs to get a grip on things at the showroom and take charge.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote