View Single Post
Old 3 January 2020, 12:34 AM   #16
sanchezbryan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseguy724 View Post
If you enjoy it than go for it, especially at that price. The only argument about a snap back is water resistance. However, it has the same 100m resistance as a 42mm luminor 1950 with a screw down back, you really loose nothing by going with a PAM 753/754.

Again remember you are getting the in house 72 hour movement too, a lot of the older radiomir's with the screw down case back that people adore also run the OP-x caliber, which can be bought on ebay for less than $300 USD.

What is a bigger deal breaker: not having a threaded caseback that makes no actual difference in water resistance, or paying multiple thousands for a radiomir with the same movement as a hamilton khaki field? I'd take the former. Do what makes you happy, you should be the first and last authority when it comes to a watch decision.

I always think the same thing when I hear folks upset over press down casebacks. The physics of water intrusion are no different as the water pressure pushes from the outside in which in theory makes the seal tighter the deeper you are lol. People who obsess over screw down backs seem like they forget that the crystal is pressed in to every watch no matter the case back. Anywho just my insight and I was happy to see someone share the same view. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sanchezbryan is offline   Reply With Quote