View Single Post
Old 13 January 2020, 02:06 PM   #31
pah5153
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospector View Post

Well, I can see that you're missing the point; so let me be clear, AGAIN. I'm not asking if this Rolex watch is real or not; nor am I soliciting opinions with regard to authenticity. Great uncle shuttled troops in a landing craft at Normandy Beach on D-Day, then went all the way to Berlin, and finally brought a number of interesting things back when he returned home. This was one of them and he recounted the history of its acquisition. Any attempt I might make to defend the piece is or would be futile--believe it, or don't--it's really not at all relevant to this thread's intent. I'm happy to hear opinions and pontifications about what's wrong about this or that, but I don't care about opinions and tried to make that perfectly clear in my opening to the conversation.

Do you have anything to say that's pertinent to the questions that I posed? I'd prefer to hear some facts related to those questions, if anyone has something constructive to add. Or keep spinning wheels trying to pick the watch apart. I'm just trying to stay on point with the purpose of starting this discussion, namely, the questions that I asked. Thanks.
You say your uncle shuttled troops in a landing craft to Normandy beach, that would mean he was navy. Next statement he then went all the way to Berlin. Really, first why would a naval personnel be going through Europe. Second US troops did not fight to Berlin, they stopped on the Elba. The Russians took Berlin. Seems like some glaring holes in your story.