Old 9 September 2017, 08:05 AM   #4
Tedwin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14010M
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG56 View Post
WOW, you got the camera?

feel the envy. feel it!!! :D

I got two lenses yesterday, and a flash as the one on my camera decided to break yesterday.

Christmas is coming though!!

Enjoy the camera. Looking forward to hearing your reviews.
I've only had it since Thursday afternoon, but I could fill a page already. Briefly..

I've been shooting a combo of D810/D4s for the last few years. I thought this would replace both. I don't think it will as it turns out, but the D810 is definitely going as soon as this thing works with Camera Control Pro (which it already should, just an early adopter issue)
It's a very nice camera to operate. Must have some serious processing power, reviewing images on rear screen smooth and fast - touch screen viewing pics tap to zoom in / out flick left / right to browse - no stutter, no lag. Sensor seems good so far. Haven't used it at work yet, will start on Monday, but I scanned a colour neg and converted using my usual process in Photoshop and the orange mask was corrected out far more easily than normal - this is a very good sign for colour depth. Highlight retention seems exceptional. Any noise is mainly luma - also very promising. Optical viewfinder is very nice. Time will tell, but so far so good!
Tedwin is offline   Reply With Quote