View Single Post
Old 9 September 2017, 02:49 PM   #10
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedwin View Post
I've only had it since Thursday afternoon, but I could fill a page already. Briefly..

I've been shooting a combo of D810/D4s for the last few years. I thought this would replace both. I don't think it will as it turns out, but the D810 is definitely going as soon as this thing works with Camera Control Pro (which it already should, just an early adopter issue)
It's a very nice camera to operate. Must have some serious processing power, reviewing images on rear screen smooth and fast - touch screen viewing pics tap to zoom in / out flick left / right to browse - no stutter, no lag. Sensor seems good so far. Haven't used it at work yet, will start on Monday, but I scanned a colour neg and converted using my usual process in Photoshop and the orange mask was corrected out far more easily than normal - this is a very good sign for colour depth. Highlight retention seems exceptional. Any noise is mainly luma - also very promising. Optical viewfinder is very nice. Time will tell, but so far so good!
Thank you for the info!!
I said if i take some more time to learn about photography, I will treat myself to D850. But as a noob and just a hobby I can't justify it just yet.
I could barely justify buying the 24-70mm and 105mm micro this week, but i did (i really wanted to capture that crown in glass hahahaha and i did!!)

It's an art and science on its own and i admire your (all of you pros and serious hobbyists) knowledge and skills. Your photo is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimag333 View Post
I just developed some slide film of my sub, I should shoot it with my red one day, great shots and congrats on the 850

steve
I would love to see them too!
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote