View Single Post
Old 20 December 2017, 02:51 AM   #47
dmac001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yacht-Master
Paypal doesn't always work to the buyer's favor...

Not a Rolex watch, through eBay I purchased a boat electronics item. Seller asked to cancel eBay listing (claimed PayPal account was incorrectly linked) and pay direct through PayPal. I did, noting that PayPal has the same buyer protection as eBay when you pay for an item. Seller then wanted me to pay additional money for shipping (over $200 from Greece), even though the eBay listing claimed the item was in the US and price included shipping. I made a PayPal disputed, expecting to cancel the transaction. The seller decided to ship anyway. When I received the item, it was not the item I thought I bought. The dispute eventually was settled in the seller's favor. I don't understand why PayPal ruled against me, their boilerplate description made no sense, their customer service people couldn't explain (even assured me I would prevail). All I can figure is the cancelled eBay listing did not document the item and so they couldn't/didn't verify my claim.

I knew this was going sideways once the seller cancelled the eBay listing and asked to pay direct. I only continued because of the PayPal buyer protection.

I don't trust PayPal anymore and will be more careful sending money.

Good luck with your situation.
dmac001 is offline   Reply With Quote