View Single Post
Old 5 February 2020, 12:43 PM   #10
Dan2010
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by onnomon View Post
Guess he'll wreck Panerai like he did Roger Dubuis...gawdy quadruple tourbillions with styling comparable to those "medieval motor inns" I remember as a child. You know, the plastic torches on either side of the bed (Knight's Inn?)...imagine the same for a watch company!
It is unfortunate that conglomerates are only interested in profit without restraint. He's pretty straight-up about that precedent. IMHO the experience thing is borderline bogus...of course turning a wristwatch into a totem is great marketing tool. BTW I tried that by wearing a specific watch while my daughter was being born. In the end I traded that piece for something more calling. Maybe i'm a heartless bastard but no watch comes close to that actual experience...at least i got a couple of photos of my newborn "holding" the watch. She'll get something else when i'm ready to pass, something she will have grown up with.
Now, I love my Panerai (PAM 190) and I've had a few others. I think the styling (all models) is unique and will remain classic. The Carbotech models look pretty good so I'm not dismissing any of the advanced technology pieces. I simply see a future "vision 2020" of turning the brand into full-on farce (some think this happened years ago, or at least with the Due line).

Ok, time to get back to work. See you on the other side.
Geez, you're depressing.....LOL. I dont share your view at all. It's all good.l though.
Dan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote