View Single Post
Old 23 February 2020, 02:02 AM   #12
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56Diver View Post
The 9010 is slimmer than the 9000.
What this means to you is the 1305 and other 9010 movement models will sit lower on your wrist than their 9000 predecessors (like the 305). With a watch as big as the 1305/305 and other 47mm submersibles, I can appreciate the slimmer profile. Weighs less, gets bumped into less, etc..

Not an expert on movements though in terms of mechanics/specifics or accuracy....
Well said. I am not a technical expert either, but anecdotally this is my understanding as well. The 3 digit Submersibles (PAM305) have thicker movements and thus thicker cases. The 4 digit Submersibles (PAM1305) have thinner movements and sit closer to the wrist. I find this desirable as the watch is already pretty large. That said, the new Submersibles have touches of blue on the dials and hands that you might not like. The older models are more "monochrome."

The in house movements are pretty similar from what I understand. Both have a noticeable "wobble" that the ETA movement also possesses from the main rotor. You get used to it pretty quickly.

At the end of the day, all Submersibles 44mm or greater will feel chunky and "industrial." There is nothing refined about them. I like mine because it contrasts well with my Submariner which is more refined obviously and my Aquatimer which sits somewhere in the middle between the two.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote