View Single Post
Old 20 December 2017, 10:28 PM   #104
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
The main thing is to really Buy The Seller, esp in these scarcity days. Patience is a real virtue now, don't fall for the hype and rush to grab a "bargain". Really cash on collection at your bank is the best method for both if unknown parties.

TRF is for enthusiasts so it is unregulated and anything else would probably create too much work.
I understand the buy the seller part. I usually like to have product in hand before forking over cash but that isnt always practical. Here you have to be a Pledge Member to sell a watch. You have to make a donation to this forum for that privilege. I get it that it takes money to run the place and have no problem with that at all.

We are all here because we love watches. We would like to think everyone is honest and trustworthy but that isnt the case. With all of our collective minds isnt there a way thats not labor intensive to be able to secure a better way of doing transactions to protect the buyer and seller?

I think input from some of the bigger trusted Sellers here could enlighten us all on how to protect ourselves. They have the most experience with buying and selling watches. At least they could give you there ways on how they protect themselves that we may also incorporate into our transactions to make them safe.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote