View Single Post
Old 10 June 2011, 10:45 PM   #24
DiamondJack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by drainaps View Post
I have just visited the Ian Blowers website, intrigued by your comments. I am a modest GMT vintage aficionado. To my surprise, watch reference no A1177 looks like a GMT PCG, and the 24 hrs hand is big size. Not necessarily a fake, but I'd definitely stay away from this watch. Are we sure their reputation is as pristine as we declare here? Thanks for help.
Clearly all watches need to be checked for originality especially when there is a long history behind them. What I like about Ian Blowers is the 7 day no quibble return and 1 year guarantee if you choose to keep the watch.

They are quite obviously a more regular watch shop and will not have the particular Rolex expertise on originality of people like Jed, Eric, Mike, Jacek etc. However, they are a great source of watches at very good prices and are definitely not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. But you will clearly need to do your due diligence on originality when buying vintage. That is always the case and obviously TRF and VRF are great places to check such things out.

But how many sellers give you a full 7 days to make your mind up and then give you a one year guarantee if you choose to keep it? Hence my recommendation.
DiamondJack is offline   Reply With Quote