View Single Post
Old 13 June 2018, 03:11 PM   #28
airforce1
"TRF" Member

Thanks for this very informative thread!

May I suggest some constructive feedback and offer more specific dial descriptions?

For example, to describe a Mark 1 dial I would change the description from "CE in CERTIFIED line up directly under the CH in CHRONOMETER" to "the letters CE in CERTIFIED line up directly below the letters HR in CHRONOMETER"

To describe the service dial, instead of stating "F extends over the t in feet in the depth rating", reword it to "the top arm of the letter F crosses above and over the stem of the letter t in feet depth rating"

Lastly, to describe a Mark 1 as having a centered L underneath the coronet, I would describe it as "the serif on top of the letter L in ROLEX is centered directly underneath the coronet base"

With that being said, I believe I have the Mark I dial. The thing I am confused about my dial is the "="sign is just a wee bit to the right of the A in SUBMARINER". Now granted this is looking at the dial at high magnification under a slit lamp.

Question: are there any reliable numbers on different Mark I,II,III and service dial production numbers? Which is the rarer variant? Just curious.

Thanks!

AF1
airforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote