View Single Post
Old 26 December 2020, 07:40 AM   #9
ddaly12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0d View Post
It really depends on what style so you like? SMPs have realy become popular in recent years.
The Brosnan era Bonds re very collectible right now and a lot of people prefer the older lighter thinner styling.
The ceramic gloss style SMPs are also becoming popular because of Coaxial movement, ceramic bezel and the fact that some just prefer the non-wave dial. In the opinion of a lot of Omega lovers this version is a bit of odd ball and for that reason disliked by some and loved by others for that. Bit of a cult.
The most recent version is perhaps the biggest hit of them all and is probably the first version where people consider the movement fit and finish to be on par or better than the Rolex. The new METAS certified movement have an incredible accuracy. It's also a bit more flashier than it's predecessor hence the cult following for the previous model.
The recent version also features a glidelock which in the opinion of many is better than rolex's version.
Do remember, however, that Omega clasp can be purchased separately and added to the older Seamaster models.
Hope this helps, and good luck with your decision I don't think you will ever regret it.

Thanks for the thoughtful response. The ceramic, gloss, coaxial are interesting for me... perhaps because they are a bit off an oddball.

The newest version feels closer to Rolex (luxury) vs pure tool watch... just an observation. I like both styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ddaly12 is offline   Reply With Quote