View Single Post
Old 31 December 2021, 10:55 PM   #21
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2021 View Post
I ended up requesting the blue panda and received the call earlier this week. They also had a ruthenium marketing piece available to try, I decided to pass on the blue panda and requested the ruthenium. I was told that there were more blue panda's in the AP system than ruthenium during 2021 and therefore the allocations for the blue panda were easier. They won't know for 2022 until Q1.

As an aside, the grey dealer that I occasionally buy from mentioned that most of the demand for the blue panda is out of Asia and not much is transacting at the crazy number that are being quoted by grey dealers. His take was that the real grey market difference between the blue panda and ruthenium is ~$5k.
Seems weird you've posted this twice and is literally against every data pt I have received (from multiple boutiques at different ends of the USA). I've also seen the Panda transact a lot more than a $5k premium over the ruthenium, repeatedly, too. I wouldn't have paid attention had I not been tracking the astronomical climb in this piece.

I do think the transactable value is lower than peak grey listings, probably, but this info still doesn't gel.