View Single Post
Old 21 April 2017, 05:38 PM   #57
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Panerai is definitely fading in the secondary market...still cool pieces, but definitely fading...

I have seen some very low prices on 372 preowned and they just don't sell...

If Rolex made a switch like the 372 crystal change, the previous model would be going bonkers...

With Panerai? It's a "meh"

Only the 000 seems to be holding any kind of value at the moment...
Not sure I agree with all of this. Rolex releasing an updated model, fair enough, I get that.

As for used values? No, not having that. Have you seen how much the new 671 is going for?

Also, DavidSW has a P series 372, which is either 3 or 4 years old (I don't know if there was a Q serial). He's knocking it out at US$5,975, which I would think is not that much of a saving over a new one considering it's at least three years old. Ok, so it hasn't retained the value of something like, say, a Sub or BLNR but it's probably on par with an Explorer II and better than a DJ. None of the Rolexes would come close to a PP Nautilus but who cares? I personally do not buy watches with an eye on future value. I buy to wear, to love and to enjoy. Unless you can afford pieces that cost similar money to a small Caribbean island, then buying watches as an investment is a mug's game.

Panerai might not be for everyone but then it never was. You get a Panerai for the love of the design and the brand. No one puts a gun to your head and forces you to buy one.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote