View Single Post
Old 31 July 2011, 05:57 AM   #134
Desertdueller
"TRF" Member

Hi Vanessa,
Im new here in this forum. I am a happy owner of a GMT Master II 16710, but so disappointed today due to the result of a servicing done to my watch.
I just like to ask some information about the service. Mine had been with me for almost 5 years now, so I sent it for its first servicing beginning this month. It took about 3 1/2 weeks. So last night I picked it up from the Rolex dealer shop here in dubai. To my shocked, 4 out of the 12 indexes have black dotted marks right at its center and an almost teardrop shape black marks on the 12 oclock index. Would you have any idea if what it could be ? I am so afraid that the guy who did the service ruined my Rolex watch. I returned the watch today for re-servicing and to correct what had been done,hoping that its only dirt, but so annoyed on the people who handled my complain, as if implying that those marks were cause by wear and tear in its 5 years of usage. Is what they say possible that those dials scratched those indexes? Do you use some sort of clamp when handling the dials and face when cleaning it? sorry I have not been able to take photos, since i was so irritated and rushed to return it.

Thanks,
Frank
Desertdueller is offline   Reply With Quote