View Single Post
Old 16 October 2018, 11:58 AM   #212
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvacc View Post
...unfortunately in today's world some will blame you. i prefer to blame the criminals and go after them - but its possible these criminals reside outside of the United States.
I know your comments aren't directed at me in particular and I can't speak for others but even though I may not come across as being compassionate about the the OP's misfortune but I truly am. I hate seeing other hobbyist (and seemingly good folks) getting scammed. Some people are just a-holes.

In my view, the OP did his checks to the best of his abilities & knowledge at the time...maybe bit eager but when finding a piece at a good price, who isn't? The scammers were just one step ahead and I think some of these "criticisms" are more about pointing out such things to others so that hopefully, someone sees this thread and learns from it.

In today's world, with the ease of digital communications and money transactions, you simply need to be more cognizant and frankly, more suspicious of sellers if you want to roll around in the secondary market. It's just a nature of the beast and realistically, it's all a risk anyways. Even from a legit seller you could get a piece that is lost, mistakenly represented (like 16610LV story a while back), etc.

If you don't want to deal with all that, just stick with AD's and some of the very well known sellers here who have a long sales history. That's as safe as you're going to get.
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote