View Single Post
Old 13 December 2012, 11:36 AM   #76
psv
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
The President is a timeless and stately piece, at home under the cuff of a dress shirt be it cuff-linked or merely monogrammed. Boardrooms and country club dining rooms have moved lives, borders and hundreds of millions, if not hundreds of billions with DD wristwatches.

The Daytona, wonderfully beutiful piece that it is can certainly be worn with a suit and makes a statement but is more at home in a casual setting with folded back (or under) cuff, open collar or perhaps short sleeves.

Age, I suppose makes a difference as well. A twenty year old with a DD could be presumed a poseur whist a Daytona works with the young and the experienced.

Having crested fifty a ways back and being blessed as to own both of the above I offer these comments as to my perspective as to the statement they make to others. With that said, if you wear the watch you want for you then my comments merely wasted bandwidth and you have to go (as you did) with what speaks to you.

Theres also something to be said for having a gold (or other precious metal) dress Rolex and a SS sport model for weekends and casual wear.

Not to be hypocritical, I think I'll wear my SS Daytona with a suit tomorrow.
Very well argued, Sir!
psv is offline   Reply With Quote