View Single Post
Old 16 November 2017, 03:53 AM   #8
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdate View Post
Well had a look through lots of the watches, all the watches mentioned in this thread and the VC Overseas remains my preferred option. However I do think I am leaning towards buying a new model - (1) I really love to have the clear case back to admire the movement (2) on these watches with the wonderful finishes, it is always nice to have a new one rather than a used / polished one (3) For the optionality of quick change straps, that seems a nice bonus.

As such I may look at the date only Overseas, the 4500V with blue dial. I am not quite sure what the UK RRP is, but it seems to be around £18,000 which is relatively high given the £15,000 Royal Oak.

From what I can tell in the UK the only ADs would be in London, I can take a day trip there at some point, but does anyone know if the ADs in London will discount this model at all?
No they probably won't, I had a wonderful time in VC Bond St chewing the fat with the dashing salesman, and I enjoyed the blue dial very much and the nifty strap change, but when it came to price, just radio silence and no email replies either.

I prefer the 2nd gen too as it has the guilloche black dial which I associate with VCO, and the bracelet has a more defined 3d MC Motif. Plus prices are much better, finding it is the tricky part.

Hopefully Improviz will post his or PM him, he has the watch you are looking for.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote