View Single Post
Old 6 April 2011, 07:02 AM   #26
Rolex116520
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona & Deepsea
The seller gave bank details that seem complete and may even exist but the seller then also provided a swift code and IBAN number allowing to wire the money internationaly but these belong to a totally different bank and account . He must know that the bank will only use these data ( swift and IBAN ) when executing the wire electronically ; the initial of the first name and all or a minimum of the 5 first of the family name must coincide with the receiving account .
So if you do not do your homework , you think you send the money to a particular account whereof you think to have all the details but in fact you wire the money to the account linked to the IBAN .
I must admit that it seems unbelievable but I too was digging into the bank details and address for a while only to see much later that the IBAN number had nothing to do with the account number . Then checking the swift code I found out it was HSBC and not Nationwide UK .
There is much more that we found out , but I believe that is better left undisclosed for the moment and MILFAN can take all that to the authorities .
If the seller wants to avoid a sh.. load of hassle he'll have to be very fast to get that watch to MILFAN or his money back in his account .