View Single Post
Old 31 July 2017, 10:14 PM   #44
Sakuru
"TRF" Member

Congratulations on such a successful acquisition! Nice to read that your mission to Ceuta worked out well.

I share your admiration for no-date watches. While my own Rolex has the date function, I don't miss it on my Omega Speedie Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danishtext View Post
[T]he reason I wanted a Rolex is to have a solid and serious watch. For some unknown reason I am attracted to it. It seems every part of Rolex is well thought and well designed. I can not deny that a part of me feels that owning a Rolex would be a status symbol as well. But now, once I own it, I tend to wear the watch under the cuff as I were rather hiding than exposing it. It is almost as if I wanted that my relation with the watch that I am wearing would be a secret because wearing a Rolex gives me so much satisfaction on so many different levels.
Well said!

One should buy a fine wristwatch for the personal and private satisfaction of ownership, rather than the (vain) hope of impressing others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafer_kid View Post
[T]he 114060 ... has all the latest technology and innovation from Rolex yet still looks functional and relatively straightforward.
Exactly!
Sakuru is offline   Reply With Quote