View Single Post
Old 9 December 2019, 12:58 PM   #32
G@tor B@it
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tag Professional
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
TRF is a wealth of information. The problem is you get a person thats brand new and wants to be spoon feed information without doing any of there own homework. After you have been here years and keep hearing the same lame questions it gets old. Me I just ignore them at this stage, usually.

If you really want to learn and get up to speed fast get real good with the search feature. It works incredibly well and you can pinpoint the most basic questions answered to the most intricate details. Then when you have exhausted all those avenues post your question.

This section if your under 10 posts and just registered this month with questions you have on a watch you got from your Grandfather your just asking for it.
Thanks for the perspective Jim... I see your point. But the fact I (or anyone else on the forum for arguments sake) doesn't own a Rolex (yet) or hasn't been here for years, doesn't automatically make them a moron deserving of ridicule. It also doesn't make their time any less valuable. I've spent some time using the search feature... sometimes I have luck, others I don't. But why spend 2 hours reading posts, some might be YEARS old, when I could just get some fresh perspective? Lets be honest, if a members is on the forum browsing generic posts and questions, they can't be too busy at the moment! So that's why I end up back at my assertion that many of the long timers on this site enjoy looking down at the newcomers or those with less knowledge and experience. But it's all good. I'm learning, and picking up what I need to know over time. Goal is to buy a sub for my 40th birthday in April. Cheers!
G@tor B@it is offline   Reply With Quote