View Single Post
Old 10 December 2019, 12:12 AM   #34
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G@tor B@it View Post
Thanks for the perspective Jim... I see your point. But the fact I (or anyone else on the forum for arguments sake) doesn't own a Rolex (yet) or hasn't been here for years, doesn't automatically make them a moron deserving of ridicule. It also doesn't make their time any less valuable. I've spent some time using the search feature... sometimes I have luck, others I don't. But why spend 2 hours reading posts, some might be YEARS old, when I could just get some fresh perspective? Lets be honest, if a members is on the forum browsing generic posts and questions, they can't be too busy at the moment! So that's why I end up back at my assertion that many of the long timers on this site enjoy looking down at the newcomers or those with less knowledge and experience. But it's all good. I'm learning, and picking up what I need to know over time. Goal is to buy a sub for my 40th birthday in April. Cheers!
As a new member myself to TRF this year, I’ve also found that doing internet searches helps you find answers. Sometimes using the TRF searches make it hard to find exactly what you want.

I always have to remind myself, everything is on the internet, you just have to find it.
Robtayham is offline   Reply With Quote