View Single Post
Old 7 February 2018, 08:10 AM   #62
quiksand504
"TRF" Member

Congratulations on the purchase. I happened to purchase mine last week. It also happens to be my first Rolex. I went in looking for the Rolex Milgauss 116400GV and wound up trying on both the Milgauss and the Black Ceramic GMT Master II. I liked the way the GMT Master II looked on my wrist but instead of purchasing outright that day, I decided to put in on lay-a-way while I did a bit more research.

My research led me to the GMT Master II BLNR and I fell in love with it as soon as I seen it. I called the AD and told them to order the BLNR and use the lay-a-way money to use as a deposit. The AD told me that there was a waiting list and they were unsure when they were getting any more in.

Fast forward a week and I'm getting antsy after seeing a few videos and posts saying that Rolex was rolling back production on some SS models (BLNR included) and dealers were unsure when models were coming in. I started calling other ADs in the tri-state area and found one about 75 minutes from here that had one in hand and was willing to hold it for me. I went in to the AD and told them I was going elsewhere to purchase the watch since they had no ETA on the watch I wanted.

I drove the 75 minutes and as I was pulling up to the jeweler, the AD calls me and tells me that they received a shipment with an extra BLNR in its contents and asked if I would come back to complete the purchase. I obliged , thanked the store I was at for holding the watch and explained the situation to them. They were very understanding and I wound up driving back home and getting the watch from a local store here in the Area. It's funny how things worked out.

Sorry for the long story.

Enjoy the watch.
quiksand504 is offline   Reply With Quote