View Single Post
Old 8 September 2020, 04:16 AM   #50
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
Man, I have really been coming around to the coppery brown dial of the boutique edition 145. I know everyone loves the sunburst grey dial on the 143, and so do I, but I’m digging the uniqueness of the 145. Very strong contender for my next watch.
Like I mentioned, I bought it to differentiate it from the grey/black dial that almost every diver in every other manufacturers' lineups produce/copy.

I have my grandfather's 5513, a SRP777, etc... all with black dials.

This dial is far and away completely unique, subtle, and beautiful in the sun. It works well with the lume and bezel insert. It's warm and vintage-like.

I'm really enjoying and don't see too many posted. It's something a little different. When I saw the lineup I immediately was drawn to it. There was no hesitation or comparing or debating. It was a "mic drop" moment on my decision.

Coupled with the size, design and wrist feel; it's a home run. The bracelet is a little iffy for me. The main issue is that there is about a 0.5mm to 1.0mm gap in the lug with the end links. You can see it in the closeup photos you quoted in my post. Very sloppy tolerance in my opinion. It should be flush.

I bought a black Tropic strap for it to see how it will look/feel. Just waiting for it in the mail. I'll use the hardware from my SRP777 strap on it.