View Single Post
Old 17 June 2018, 09:16 AM   #21
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
In-house verses outsourced. I have just been outsourced to a private dentist by the VA (USA). Not a watch movement, but it applies the same. I read this morning on a major watch BB, where he discussed the in-out. Primarily a lot of hype by manufacturers and the loyal, to the death, adherents of the in-house craze. AP makes watches by hand, with an individual number, not the serial number, on the caseback. This serves to identify the AP technician who made the watch. The number is recorded in Switzerland for reference. AP produces 30,000 watches per year, my estimate. Rolex 800,000 in the same year. Value, no one invests in a watch unless it is numbered 01-05, all handmade, with a retail of $150,000.00 USD and up. Case size is purely subjective, size of wrist not with standing. I wear a a 23 year old stainless AP RO. I have, among others, four Rolexes, Tudor, Breitling, Omega, Seiko, Piaget, JLC, a 1930 WG Hamilton, 14 k Concord from 1952, IWC. Everything I said is IMHO, is based on 50 years of watch owning/wearing.
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote