Thread: 5196p at AD?
View Single Post
Old 17 February 2020, 07:08 AM   #3
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHIII View Post
Discounts are quickly becoming a thing of the past, in general. Now, if you walked into an AD and were going to drop 100k plus on a grand comp, or a cpl things - they might wiggle a little...

That’s just a reference you don’t see pop up very often. I’ve found that the 5196 mostly shows up in R and G....

You go over to Razny? My wife and I stopped by when we were visiting over the Christmas holidays. Do they still have the 91k 5712 in the window, and the 75k 5711? (Nice people though)

Haha the downtown location has a 5712 (at least as of a couple of weeks ago) in the window, which I honestly think is just terrible. As an AD you should be told that’s simply not allowed, but that’s just my opinion and showing frustration at the current state of the game. But you’re right, they are top notch from a personal perspective. Everyone I’ve ever talked to there goes out of their way to be helpful and I’d buy from them without hesitation.

Too bad on the discounts. If a 15% discount isn’t possible on this watch, it sounds like I’m much better in the secondary market. I’m never buying the overpriced complications to maybe get put on a list for something that at today’s hype level I’ll never get. Maybe it’ll all change...some day [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk