Thread: 5196p at AD?
View Single Post
Old 17 February 2020, 07:22 AM   #4
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
Haha the downtown location has a 5712 (at least as of a couple of weeks ago) in the window, which I honestly think is just terrible. As an AD you should be told that’s simply not allowed, but that’s just my opinion and showing frustration at the current state of the game. But you’re right, they are top notch from a personal perspective. Everyone I’ve ever talked to there goes out of their way to be helpful and I’d buy from them without hesitation.

Too bad on the discounts. If a 15% discount isn’t possible on this watch, it sounds like I’m much better in the secondary market. I’m never buying the overpriced complications to maybe get put on a list for something that at today’s hype level I’ll never get. Maybe it’ll all change...some day [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It never hurts to ask — it’s not like you’re asking for a 5711 or 5167... and you’re trying to take the mainstream AD route vs. grey... all they can say is no.

Yeah - I kinda thought the same thing when we went in and asked about them - but they honed in on what watch I was wearing (and my wife’s) - and we had a good 15min or so discussion. They offered to get them out of the window and everything. They had a 5271 I think too then. I’m sure I’ll go back next time we’re there this summer. I like Swiss Fine Timing downtown as well.
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote