View Single Post
Old 18 February 2020, 03:13 AM   #7
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Overall - I think that we’ll see fundamentally more of the same.

I think this year we will see Submariners, GMTs, 15500s, and Aquanauts become more readily available (to a degree) - as sort of the cornerstone references (but a degree that it will not significantly devalue them on the secondary market) - and I think Nautilus, Daytonas etc - are going to become more elusive and harder to get. Why? Market position and exclusivity. We already know that Thierry Stern has openly said that on the Nautilus — and while Rolex is (and is always) quiet — we know there will always be the unicorn(s). Just how it is.

I think the market suffocation over the last couple of years allowed manufacturers to weed out poor performing (or ADs with bad habits). As we have seen a shift there for sure.

These manufacturers are businesses - and very smart businesses that value brand awareness, exclusivity and desire - overall. Why would they want that to change?

I would submit that the forums (and WIS community) truthfully represent an insignificant cross-section of the overall demand.

Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote