View Single Post
Old 21 June 2019, 01:46 AM   #32
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
How is it “very clear” as you say? Rolex is not a publicly held company and does not have to release ANY financial or production numbers. I guess you are the insider?

It may sound like a skeptic point of view, but how do any of us know that they don’t have a warehouse of new ceramic Pepsi models sitting somewhere that they will trickle out to the market at a later date? Might sound silly, but the answer is that we don’t. If you owned a company that was producing widgets which were selling for twice the suggested price the moment they left the factory, wouldn’t you consider this? There is no reason for the perceived “shortage” other than it is by design.

In addition to that we see photo after photo of these things sitting in the box or safe in unworn condition.

We can all speculate and have opinions, but is absolute fact that these things are not unicorns. They are out there by the thousands, and there is a tipping point....basic economics

Well there are some facts here and my points not mere speculation. An individual today just posted data about the increase in demand from Asian markets. That’s real data. We also know that while Rolex does not release production numbers, COSC does tell the number of chronographs certified. So that gives us a sense that 1) demand is up, 2) production not so much. While they are not unicorns, facts are also clear that the number of gray market dealers have exposed in the past 5 years. This does pinch supply in a massive way. So the issue is indeed complex, but there are some data and facts that we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote