View Single Post
Old 20 May 2020, 11:16 PM   #45
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I came up in a middle class home but was always taught that nothing would be given to me, so I must work hard for what I have.
After college I worked in aftermarket automotive parts wholesale.
Up until 2008, it was the easiest work I ever did and the commissions were through the roof. Lets just say I took it for granted.
On a new vehicle, banks would give out 150-200% loans with 0 down and a 580 credit score so that people could make their truck look as extravagant as their brand new boat or put a supercharger on a brand new Corvette to park in front of their million dollar home that the just bought on a signature only.
I was way over my head in debt in order to live the lifestyle and keep up with my friends who were doing equally as well.
But in 2008, it all came crashing down when the housing bubble popped and 60% of my clients closed their doors, putting me out of business and instantly humbling me.
I have worked very hard since then. I live much more within my means now with no debt to my name other than living expenses. I dont make as much as I once did but without debt it pencils out much higher allowing me to purchase a few luxuries with cash.
Less stress now too.