View Single Post
Old 4 June 2009, 12:55 AM   #12
bagel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsteiner View Post
Hi Bagel,
Please clarify.

You use the term 'earliest' with regard to my Tudor chrono, 79280.
Yet, on your list of serial numbers, however, the B905XXX on mine would place it as Circa 1997..........

If my understanding is correct, Tiger Woods endorcement contract with and for Tudor began mid-1997 and ran for about 2.5 years, ending about 2000.

If this is accurate, I would describe my watch as 'Pre-TigerJust'. A little Rolex humor. (Very little.)

Thank you for your fine work in compiling the serial number data, and your kind response to my inquiry.

Peter
792x0 series started at around B63 serial. It started with rolex crown, rolex case back and oysterdate dial.

Until B94 to B95 serial, which is around 1997, tiger woods series started to issue until to H38 to H41 (around 2002). The tiger woods series mostly came with tudor crown, tudor case back and prince date dial. However, I have found some tiger woods sample at transition period (i.e. B94 to B95 serial), that came with tudor crown, rolex case back or vice versa.

From B63 to B94 (to B95), it changed from oysteredate dial to prince date dial even before the tiger woods has appeared somehow but I am still not quite certain when it changed at this point (but probably around B8 or later serial). The earliest batch of 792x0 series I referred are those came with rolex crown, rolex case back and oysterdate dial.
bagel is offline   Reply With Quote