View Single Post
Old 1 January 2019, 11:28 PM   #121
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadonn2 View Post
This watch creates an opportunity for some virtue signaling beginning with the bezel font, complication is of no use and then the cries of how ugly it is. It's the whipping boy of the current Rolex line-up and is used so people can pretend they're rugged divers, pilots and race car drivers who have dire needs for the functionality of the watch while contending that there is not the slightest "hey, look what I got," factor in owning a Rolex. It goes from there. People in denial will argue this obvious point and the YM II has gained more support since I first owned the TT version in 2015. People flipped out when six digit references were first released and have since gone quiet. I have big wrists, long arms, big hands and I suppose that helps but liking the watch is all that matter and personally, I like it.
Great post. I wonder how many people don’t like it, just because other people don’t need like it? Seems to be a lot of following the herd that goes on in watch collecting.
I have never owned one but like it very much. I also still like and wear my Panerai collection. Until others start paying for my watches, I will buy what I like!