View Single Post
Old 26 August 2019, 07:40 PM   #256
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
You bring up great points. I admit I had not thought about it that way. And I do plan on tracking it. In fact, I’m at the track now. I was planning on bringing the 458. But I’m in the 911, which I’m ultimately glad about.

That said, I’m am thinking about fixing, but also getting a whole new set anyway. I’ve had a few recommendations from people and I’ve seen a few wheels that are really nice. Sadly, they are also extremely expensive. But I suppose that’s to me expected.

Even as I write this though, I’m thinking the best solution might simply be to have Ferrari swap out the damaged wheel during the scheduled service which just happens to be this week.
It's really the best option Seth. I haven't been to the track in a while but when I was frequently there with my Evo X, the pros would never use a re-trued wheel at the track. Once it's bent, it was done, too many variables, heat pressures, track surfaces, the apex rumble strips on entry/exit can be the nail in the coffin of a weakened wheel, especially when it's a front wheel. Just consider your safety and usage and that will be your guide.

Most important thing on a track is breaks, then tires and wheels, as it relates to safety. The incident with Paul Walker and the Porsche is supposedly related to simply deteriorated tires. Car was parked for long intervals, tires were technically unused but from being static so long had deteriorated and when pushed just a little, gave out. Safety is always first.
As the saying goes....
More horse power, more money. You got a lotta pretty horses in that one.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote