View Single Post
Old 27 August 2019, 02:45 PM   #193
rominvicta
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, BLNR, SM, GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podmornica View Post
Hi everybody,

My 1st post on the forum. I've been lurking the threads for quite some time now and decided to join today.

As probably many of you, I am on the list at my local AD for a 126710 BLRO and 114060 as I do not want to feed the gray market. (Learned so far that the more knowledgeable crowd here prefer the true references instead of childish nicknames).

What I have noticed regarding the gray market is that everyday more and more 126710 references are hitting the sale. Just a month ago when I would type the 126710 in the chrono24, I would get about 500 results. Today, the number is above 560. So more and more BLNR and BLRO combined are hitting the gray market.

Also, I have noticed that some 126710 pieces are not moving for a whole summer now. They were sitting on chrono24 for at least 10 weeks now, and those pieces have the lowest asking prices on chrono24 so I believe the current situation regarding this highly popular reference is unsustainable. However, we would really have to wait the January/February of 2020 to have a more clear perspective, imo.
Frankly speaking it is a bit of a problem to define what is what on Chrono24. Sometimes dealers relist their adds just to avoid people thinking that particular piece is not moving at all. In other cases it looks to me, dealers sell a certain item and they do not cancel the add, as they have exactly the same piece already in stock, so why should they pay a fee to Chrono24 twice, if they may avoid that? So it is a bit difficult to make rightful conclusions.